Selling your boat
Boatshed is one of the largest international yacht brokerages in the world, specialising in the sale and purchase of second-hand sail and motor boats. The original business, set up in Milford Haven Marina some 15 years ago, by seasoned sailor Neil Chapman, after years of adventures offshore, has grown into a major international business and is a cornerstone of the yacht brokerage industry in the UK and overseas.
- Today, we have a team of about 120 specialist brokers and sales agents
- Operate from 70+ locations in 18 countries
- Supported by a central HQ team of 10 professionals
As well as selling boats, we are involved with the British Marine Federation, the Boat Retailers and Brokers Association, the RNLI and equivalent overseas associations, promoting boating and the interests and well being of boat owners.
- We have dealt with over 20,000 boats for sale so far
- Today, we have over 1 Million registered customers looking for boats.
- Our website attracts over 280,000 unique visitors each month.
- We sell more than 1,000 boats each year.
- We have 70+ branches worldwide.
- Based upon independent industry statistics, we sell boats twice a quickly as other brokers!
Boatshed’s online sales platform has pioneered the clear and transparent marketing and sale of used boats online and is the very best in the industry. A tremendous advantage of marketing a boat for sale with Boatshed is that an owner reaches well beyond the locality of the boat.
Every user of Boatshed.com can view every boat across our entire network. These days boats are as likely to be sold to buyers based a very long way away from a particular boat - even in a different country - as they are to a local buyer. We can assist with transporting boats across the country and the world. That is straightforward for a business such as ours. Because of this, it remains our vital ambition to continue to expand our network and, in so doing, to both increase the number and diversity of boats we offer for sale and to present those boat to the widest possible audience. That, we think, is at the heart of good brokerage service.
I was not expecting to sell my boat so quickly and at a great price. The Boatshed broker was present at every stage of the process and took a close interest, keeping me fully informed. His knowledge, expertise and involvement brought about a speedy conclusion.Tony Richards, Satisfied Boatshed Customer
How to sell a boat with Boatshed - The process
- Your local Boatshed Broker will make an appointment to visit your boat.
- We take unlimited photos, videos & record your boats full inventory, this takes approx 1.5 hours.
- As soon as your boat goes live on Boatshed, it gets marketed across all Boatshed offices 70+ across the world.
- Plus we can also tick a box which sends your boat to Yachtworld, Boats.com, The YachtMarket and many more, your local broker will advise.
- As soon as your boat goes live on Boatshed websites, your broker will send your boats first marketing campaign, targeting only active profiled buyers who are looking for a boat like yours.
- Your local Boatshed Broker manages all customer enquiries, questions and requests for information and will keep you fully informed at all times.
- we accompany all viewings and we relay all offers to you for your consideration.
- All monies are placed in a secure Clients account.
- We handle the sale from start to finish, keeping you informed throughout.
- You only pay for our service if we are successful in finding a buyer.